This month we have been reviewing Evernote and Evernote Scannable…. “Evernote is just what the name implies: an application that serves as your note-taker, PDA, pocket notebook, to-do list, etc. The beauty of Evernote is that it syncs automatically across all your devices, and across all your operating systems. Never lose another post-it note, scrap piece of paper, or notebook that has important information on it. You’ll also streamline your desk from a jumble of notes and folders into a single digital storehouse.
The app is roughly organized into notebooks and notes. Just like in real life. You create a notebook for a particular subject/topic, then fill that notebook with notes. Besides syncing across devices and operating systems, there are some features that make Evernote really stand out:
• The ability to share notes and whole notebooks with co-workers, family, etc.
• The ability to take and attach pictures to a note right from within the app.
• The ability to take and attach voice memos and audio to a note right from within the app.
• The ability to attach files (spreadsheets, images, docs) to any note.
• The ability to scan text in a photo using Optical Character Recognition technology.
• The ability to set reminders for yourself for various tasks, goals, and projects from within the app.
• The ability to create checkboxes that serve as virtual to-dos.
• The ability to sync automatically between all devices, meaning you can access your notes even when offline. (This feature is somewhat limited in the free version.)
• Best of all – it’s FREE! There’s a premium version that offers a few bonus features, but the freebie offers all of the above.”
Following is a link to Evernote for you to explore and another link to a website which discusses the Scanning App.Share